Bristol St Andrews Bowls Club News
Bristol St Andrews Bowls Club News
BSA on tour to Devon – visit our Facebook page for updates. 1st game v Torquay, a win on 5 rinks out of 6 for a 113-77 win. www.facebook.com/bristolstandrews
- Latest league and cup results HERE
- Season off to a great start … win for women’s team in first league games. Click on 2022 Season Fixtures for all matches and results. HERE
100 Club March: 1st Prize £55 was won by Alan King; 2nd Prize £25 was won by Rachel Hughes (Glos City); and 3rd Prize £17.50 was won Sue Molton.
Awards Night | Round Up – Bowls England
Feb 19: BSA was proud to be finalists in not one but two Bowls England Awards 2022 categories. We were nominated in Club of the Year and also Story of the year (Pete Jones). The club was thrilled to be recognised by the bowls community nationwide and although we did not take the top honours, being nominated reflects a lot of hard work by club members over the past 12 months and beyond. Congratulations to our friends at Kingswood and Hanham for winning Club of the year.
- February 12th: Our 5th annual pairs skittles tournament. Story and gallery HERE
- Feb 100 club draw: 1st Prize £50 Alyson Norton, no 22; 2nd Prize £25 Sue Watchurst, no 8; 3rd Prize £12.50 Rachel Hughes (Glos City), no 32
If you wish to join the 100 club for the March draw, please message us.
- Jan 10: Fixtures for league and friendlies HERE
- Jan 10: Cup draws, GBA 2 Rink Prelim: BSA “B” v GB Britton “A” (Home); GBA 2 Rink R1: BSA “A” v Redland Green “B” (Home); GBA County Cup R1: v Avonvale (Away). Dates and times TBC
- Jan 6: Pete Jones and John Pearce discuss Bowls England awards nominations on BBC Radio Bristol. HERE
Jan 5: Bowls England award nominations for club and Pete HERE
Hundred Club winners January: 1st Prize £50 was won by Spencer Wintle; 2nd Prize £25 was won by Sue Noyce; and 3rd Prize £12.50 was won by Alan King.
- Dec 100 Club Draw: £50 Ailene Chick; £25 David Oliver; and £12.50 Adrian Brown. Christmas Bonus Draw: £50 Alan King; £25 Sue Watchurst; and £12.50 Colin Horsey
- Club elects new management committee and team captains for 2022 HERE
- 100 club Nov 1st Prize £50 Alan King; 2nd Prize £25 Keith Boyland; 3rd Prize £12.50 Spencer Wintle.
- Club AGM, Saturday November 20, 10.30am
- Floodlit AGM and prizegiving HERE
- Men’s Handicap, 2W and 3W HERE
- Women’s 2W and Veterans’ 4W HERE
- Open 4s results and pictures. HERE
- Women’s 3W and Novices finals. Click HERE
- 100 Club winners in September: 1st Prize £50 was won by John Pearce. 2nd Prize £25 was won by Bill Relton. 3rd Prize £12.50 was won by Alyson Norton.
- Women’s singles and pairs finals, September 12. HERE
- Aberavon friendly gallery, September 4, click image or HERE
- The Draw for the Open Fours Tournament 2021 has been made and session details can be found under the 2021 Season Tab. Our thanks go to the President of the City & County of Bristol Bowling Association – Mr Chris Harris who carried out the draw at GB Britton during the Clarence Davey Plate Final on Saturday September 28th. Click HERE
- Floodlit league begins Sep 15. More HERE and HERE100
Floodlit League 2021
Our floodlit league concluded with Long Ashton winning the Division 3 title after a ‘winner takes all’ showdown with BSA B. Unbeaten Long Ashton won on both rinks to pick up a maximum 8 points. Like Avonvale in Division 2, Long Ashton won all their 4 matches (one was called off due to rain).
Avonvale are our Division 2 champions, having dropped just one rink in their five matches in the tournament. St Anne’s Park would have needed to overturn a huge shots difference and hoped Avonvale lost in both rinks but as it turned out, the runaway leaders took 8 points from their game against Henleaze.
Olveston are the winners of our Floodlit League Division 1, with Page Park 2nd and GB Britton squeezing out BSA for 3rd on shots difference. It has been five evenings of great bowls under the lights.
Results and tables HERE
League gets off to a great start
About BSA Bowling Club
Bristol St Andrews Bowling Club was founded in 1924 and lies at the heart of the community on Derby Road in St Andrews, Bristol. Lawn bowling takes place on our bowling green between April and October each year and a full range of social events are open to members all year round. Thanks to a generous grant from Sport England we now have a fully floodlit green. The Club House has two fully licenced bars (with draft real ales, Guinness and premium lagers, wines, spirits and soft drinks), a skittles alley and two catering kitchens. New members of any age or ability are always welcome. We also welcome touring sides throughout the summer.